Wednesday, October 21, 2009

unknown villages

Good evening everyone.. we are coming to you tonight live from the Waitomo Caves holiday park. (Highly recommended on the cleanliness of their toilets alone..love a good clean loo.. )
Both Jacky and I have never been to this place before, infact I did not even know there was a village here so it will be nice to look around tomorrow in the light of day, we pulled in here and set up camp tonight after dark.
The beautiful Mr Pirika and the divine Miss Martha are right now sleeping soundly in their "upstairs bedroom" - earlier tonight whilst being told by grumpy tired me to "hurry up" and make their beds and get into them, there was no end of delirious giggling from behind the curtain that makes the bed above the cabin their new bedroom. I'm so glad they are intuitive enough to know when to not take me seriously. I was trying to be serious - they just knew better.
Jacky is trying to sleep which is proving tricky with the nagging pain she gets in her leg and sometimes shoulder. We are longing, longing to meet Mr Wolf and to enjoy the weaving of his magic. Whatever it is and however it happens - we know that we are in the right time at the right place, right now. That's quite a mind "fucky" thing for me to say when sometimes I just want to weep about the enormous injustice of this all on my wife and my children. You know?
It will be so good to have my dear wife without pain, able to live and be and run after the kids and give me cheek again. The trick is holding the vision of that when it all feels quite desperate. I still feel bitter at the hospital for putting my children and myself through that, for making us expect that Jacky would die very soon. It was shit and it impacts my every day although I try to not allow it to, henceforth the desperate feelings I guess.
I feel myself becoming more gruff by the day. I know - scary, nonetheless true.
Tomorrow our hikoi will take us to Thames, to dear Chox and Kate. Oh the relief that will lay for us, in their company.
Sleep well out there.
Warmly, Us xo

2 comments:

  1. Hey there you amazing people, cool to hear Pirika and Martha are having a ball : ) Hang in there Vivi you are doing amazingly well concidering what you have gone through and what you see daily with all the pain Jack experiences Kai Kaha We love you lots xoxox Roll on Thames and the incredible Mr Wolf. Have an awesome day exploring Waimoto, safe travells. Big hugs X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Viv - You're amazing, powerful and strong. Do you want me to go to the hospital and slap some people around? I'd love to. Love to you all from Lisa and I. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete